Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Let Down

I have encountered a one night let down. 
It was magical.
It was a small taste of what we once were.
Before the fighting & the bickering,
Before the harsh words, and predictable let-downs.
Our 2-day hibernation brought me to a harsh reality though.
We can never be those two people again.
No more late nights and silly fights.
No more deep conversation and future planning. 
I have simply become the one that got away. 
He can't let go.
In a way, I don't want him to. 
I want that little secret place in his heart to have my name embedded. 
Though our little escape from the world was blissful. 
It became very bitter sweet.
I couldn't help but interrogate myself.
When will it be enough for me to walk away?
When will I stop listening to the beat of his heart..
and follow the wisdom in which I know I possess.
Through my personal attack I came to this conclusion.. 
When two people love each other..
Truthfully and Completely..
Enough will simply Never become Enough..


T&Co