Friday, February 6, 2009

The other woman... friend or enemy?

I have come face to face with this type of uncomfortable situation. Dealing with the "other woman" is never an easy task, but someone has to do it.

In my past relationship, infidelities played a major role. Whether it be a drunken night, an ex girl friend, or an old high school fling, I was always left to play investigator. Many a night I would sit and think to myself.. "Is this stress worth it?"

I've come to learn now that the stress is never worth it. As women, we want to attack the other female. As though there is some type of unwritten code which she's broken. Hardly ever do we retaliate toward the individual, who amongst all, is the person who owes you explanations as well as honesty.

This reality played in my mind, and I got to thinking. Is the other woman my enemy after all? Did she save me? Should I be thanking her instead of slashing her tires.. and writing her threatening emails? The answer came to me as clear as day.

Men will go as far as you allow them. I am, in no way, stating that I deserved each discretion on his behalf. I am stating that maybe this "other woman" did me a favor. If she believes she has what it takes to change him, god bless her. In reality, we all know how her story will end.
Much like mine.
She will be fighting the same battle, inevitably losing the war.

The Other Woman.. My Very Silly Friend.. =)

1 comment:

Miss. Ariana said...

this is true. i remember i actually had a chick (his baby moms)calling me all the time and telling me how hes done this to her before. (estupida) ...it came to a point this chick was like tryin to be my bff..(yeah pyschoooo)... funny when he didnt pick up his phone she would call mine. again, this is where ppl take advantage of kindness.
eventually i had to put an end to it, no matter how sweet he was to me. i actaully got soo fed up, i told her to meet me when she was with him( it was funny, we was by the ferry) and his face dropped when he seen me there. funny, that after all that he told her in her face that he loved me. ( shyt i was about to move in with this mofooo...wat was i thinking!!)BUT, of course, i still let him go.. lol, i rememeber telling them " im too good for this shyt right here" lmao!
i figure, if i dont give "baby momma drama" why the heck am i gonna deal with it with some dude.. noo thanks, ill pass.
my point, with this whole story is,(sorry i wrote such a long story) that when you see the dude that has a girl that still cant get to comprehend that the realationship is over, then guess what, it probably isnt!....
runnn bitccchhh runnn!!! lmao!!!! xoxo